Monday, April 12, 2010

Edward Norton Tempts Me


When Edward Norton tells me to put something in my mouth, I obey.

This morning, I was greeted by a tweet from the former Oscar nominee. And, by "I", I mean me and the other 461,836 followers that receive his tweets, but that doesn't make me feel any less special.

Eddie's been very into Hemp Milk this week and said Tempt was his favorite. He went on to gush about their "killer hemp milk ice cream. Best non dairy desert I've ever tried."

If it's good enough for EdNor, damn skippy it's good enough for me. One quick trip to Whole Foods comin' right up.

Throughout my life long battle with lactose, I have tried a number of non-dairy ice cream substitues looking for the best. To date, Laloo's Goat Milk Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurts reign supreme, though Smoochie's in Manhattan comes in a close second with a soft-serve faux fro-yo that's the love child between custard and Cool Whip, but I'm always up for trying a new contender. Spoon primed, I dove into Tempt's Mint Chip.

Tempting indeed!

The texture was smooth and creamy with chocolate shavings that melted alluringly as the menthol cool of mint tickled my tongue. Rich and luxurious, it might not be Dreyer's but it had the full-bodied gusto you search for in an ice cream.

While my favorite non-cow milk ice cream continues to be Laloo's, especially the Cajeta de Leche Frozen Yogurt, a probiotic rich frozen yogurt swirled with Mexican caramel and studded with bits of toffee, Tempt is definitely a promising new alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment