Thursday, April 8, 2010

Behind the Scenes of the Premiere Screening of Private Chefs of Beverly Hills

Being on a TV show is glamorous, right? It’s all lights, camera, action as assistants flutter around offering you a selection of fruits to be washed down by champagne sucked through a sippy straw while makeup and hair people primp you to perfection, isn’t it?

Then why was this the view from my "station" as I catered my own premiere party?
On April 6th, three days before the premiere of Private Chefs of Beverly Hills, Food Network hosted a premiere party on the rooftop deck, overlooking the entire city on a balmy, crystal clear day, of the glorious Thompson Hotel in Beverly Hills. Super schmancy pant, huh? Not really. Evidence? Here I am crouching behind my station, racing to get ready and trying to look cute.
But my food was superb! Since I'm all about sweets, let's start with dessert. Here are my Shortbread Lemon Bars garnished with edible flowers and gold leaf.

Next, Crab Salad with Pinklady Apples, Fennel, Easter Radishes, Meyer Lemon and Wasabi Aioli on Brioche Toast Bites.
And finally Roasted Grape and Onion Tartlet with Caramelized Wild Mushrooms, Onions and Goat Cheese, topped with Truffle Oil and served with a Lemon-Scented Frisee Salad (notice the food theme for the night?) and $30 Minuet Goat Cheese from Sonoma. Hello, lover.
Perhaps it wasn't glamorous, but I can tell you one thing for sure, it was downright delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment