Monday, April 26, 2010

The Best Thing I Ate Today: Niko Niko and Ice Cream Plus

Without a man in my life to squire me around, I have to rely on my boy BFFs to take me on pseudo dates to movies or sushi. Long walks on the beach are optional.

Tonight, Mahdi swooped in to pick me up so we could head to the Westside version of our sushi standby, Niko Niko.
What looks better: the sexy man or the bento box behind him? The bento box. Definitely the bento box.
Dueling plaid with the guy sitting behind me. My shirt is a 70s hand-me-down from my dad so it's way more gangster.
Our beautiful Rainbow Roll (California roll covered in assorted fish) arrives...
Along with the Aloha Roll, spicy tuna, albacore and pickled jalapenos. Taste the fire!
Next, seared albacore with crispy onions in ponzu sauce. We both had to admit, the version we get at the Los Feliz Niko Niko is better, lighter and more refined, though both are delicious and feature melt-in-your-mouth albacore.
While Mahdi and his crazy body dismorphia refused dessert, I needed something sweet so we went to Ice Cream Plus, one of my regular haunts, for a scoop of their Oreo and coconut frozen yogurt. I don't even have to order it any more. When I walk in the owner just starts scooping. I'm their Norm.
An array of delightful selections in the Ice Cream Plus case. Just one of many reasons why they're one of my most solid go-to's for sandwiches, soup, froyo, fresh juice and smoothies.
Laughing hysterically as Mahdi imitates my super secret crush, aka: The White Tiger.

Niko Niko
1755 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027

Ice Cream Plus
8158 W. Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90046

No comments:

Post a Comment