Monday, April 19, 2010

The Best Thing I Ate This Weekend: Golden State's Chicken Sandwich and Sweet Potato Wedges

I feel like I'm repeating myself but I can't help it. Sometimes a place is just that good.

In support of Kyle Kyte's group, 5Signs, I went down to Turntable Lab on Fairfax for a night of good friends, good music and good eats. Since Golden State is right next door to Turntable Lab and I had such an epic experience with their curry ketchup earlier in the month, Ana, one of my oldest and dearest friends in LA, and I decided why not go back and dive into more deliciousness?

The chicken sandwich, garlicy and grill-charred, with arugula, tomatoes and dijon on ciabatta, served with a side of regular fries armed with curry ketchup.
The sweet potato wedges that accompanied Ana's BLTA were entire quarters of tender, caramelized potato, tossed in grainy salt and dipped in garlic aioli. Sweet, salty, creamy and garlicy trumps umami any day.
Ana as dusk fell on Turntable Lab.
Two of the 5Signs, Kyle and Mbela, getting down to business.
Apparently Ana and I are both hand talkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment