Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Best Thing I Ate Today: Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snacks, Coconut Water and Edamame

Seriously, could it be any hotter in LA today?

I know it's August and all, but oy!

Too scorched to even consider turning on an oven or burner and too heat stroked to want to chop anything, lunch had to be easy squeezy, so I reached for my new obsession, Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snacks.

I've never been a once-you-pop-you-can't-stop person. Way more of a Sweet than a Salty girl, I could live my whole life without eating another potato chip and be perfectly fine. But these crispy, salty, faintly sesame scented delights are irresistible to me. I can't be trusted.

TJ's was out a few weeks ago and I had to fight back tears. Then, when I saw an overflowing display at the entrance a few days later, I literally dumped armloads into my cart, grabbing for it like a looter in a riot.

The way they crackle and then dissolve on your tongue, leaving your lips flecked with bits of inky seaweed and tiny crystals of salt, is heavenly!

Next, an Amy and Brian's All Natural Coconut Juice with Pulp. I'm all about coconut water these days. I love that it pumps up my electrolytes and gives me little something sweet that's still healthy, but the real treat in Amy and Brian's is the chunkage. I said it: Chunkage! As you drink, you have to swirl the can to keep all the glorious young coconut pulp afloat. That way, you can finish each swing with a chew of the sweet al dente meat. So good!

Tossing in some edamame for protein and I was a happy camper. No cooking involved.

Now all I need is a cold shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment